Friday, April 14, 2023

TLS 0.66.0 Released!

New update for supporters on Patreon or SubscribeStarVersion history updated, you know what to do, etc.


TLS 0.66.0

- New title screen and new branding across platforms!

- New harem quest beginning by Yarra in Headquarters B1.

- New harem quest beginning in Tak'Kan regional map.

- Additional flavor text and SFX added to Lilith's Abed.

- Seven new pieces of ultimate/custom equipment.

- Three new sex scenes (all found via the above harem quests).

- Five new illustrated scenes: Aka Riding, Balia's First Time, Forest Orgy, Lynine + Orilise, and Restoring Unsuccubi

- New quality of life feature thanks to Arachne: the gallery can now be filtered by any harem member!


Throughout the years I've been working on TLS, I've almost always focused on moving the game forward. With a game this size, if I spent too much time revising or reworking, it would never be finished. However, players have been pushing me to redo some elements, so I have updated a number of assets. You'll see this in the game's title screen, in the assets on Steam, and eventually even on the blog itself.

But I wouldn't leave an update with just that! I've also finished two more harem quests, keeping the roadmap moving forward. I'm hoping that this release won't take too much out of me, and with the rebranding finished, I'll be able to swing directly into the next update faster than usual. Regardless, as always, I try to push everything toward the conclusion.

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update! Best game ever, always waiting for news)
    I don't see any new check marks on the roadmap... or is that all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you looking at the roadmap? I'm not going to go back and update the original blog post, only post new roadmap images (such as on the newest Steam update).

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the good work, Sierra. I hope you are not really discourage by ChatGPT. I'll support human writers as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has supported me enough that I'm not personally threatened, but I do see it being increasingly difficult for new creators. I've posted some thoughts about it on Patreon, which I guess isn't available to everyone, sorry.

      Appreciate your support!

      Delete
    2. True. I've seen less and less indie creators put out their works it worried me somewhat.

      Also I couldn't use patreon because my country... block PayPal for whatever unholy reason. Thankfully I can still purchase TLS (and your other works) on Steam.

      Delete
    3. In case that you're unaware, you also have the option to patronize Sierra in Subscribestar: https://www.subscribestar.com/sierralee

      Delete
  3. - I like the new blog title screen!!!
    It's from Ascentia too I suppose (hope that's her/his name) Janine seems more.... relax, it's a bit surprising at first but it's cool ^^
    However it'll probably spoil the surprise in the Prologue now XDXDXD

    - The new title screen is cool too!!!! Now we don't get the impression that Simon is just chilling with his hands in his pockets, Hahahaha
    But I liked the earlier police better. Will it change on the chapter titles too?

    - "New flavor text in Lilith Abode." Oh no..... You know what it means, let's restart the whole quest again!!!! Just the third time, so it's cool ^^

    - "New equipment" YYYAAAAYYY, more shines!!!!!

    - You've updated a number of assets, what is it exactly? Sprites?

    Anyways, as always, stay in good health and see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new character art in the banner is indeed from Crescentia. We discussed spoiling the prologue but decided it was acceptable.

      Various assets have changed: the title screen, the chapter title cards, and so on. But the others discussed in the notes are lots of other things: site banners, trailers, and about a dozen different images on Steam. Mostly things that represent the game.

      Delete
  4. The new banner and title screen (as I saw on Twitter) to be looking great!

    Looking forward to the public release

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update! TLS is my favorite game so far im super excited to see the end of this beautiful story.
    Besides that i have a little question Sierra, do you plan to add steam achievements to the game in some point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been concerned that maintaining achievements would drain a lot of dev time. I intend to add them right at the end of story development.

      Delete
  6. Poor Aka, she doesn't appear in the new banner, lol.

    Seriously, I like the new banner and the new title screen quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Characters were chosen for visual diversity and representing different aspects of the game. Anyway, glad you like it!

      Delete
  7. Just now updated the game and saw the new title screen. It looks WAAAAAYYY better now. A game this good deserves something like that. Glad you changed it :).

    ReplyDelete