Friday, January 25, 2019

TLS 0.41.0 Released!

New update for patrons! Version history updated, you know what to do, etc.

TLS 0.41.0
Core Updates
 - Significant synod overhaul. (see details below)
 - Entire world updated based on synod results.
 - 4 new plot scenes, 3 new affection scenes.
 - Sarai can now join, depending on your synod results.
 - Orilise can now be maxed, depending on your synod results.
Synod Overhaul
 - More speakers added to the votes in the latter half (flavor only).
 - Zirantia now sends a representative. He's mostly flavor, but he influences the last vote.
 - Tak'Kan Vote: Ignias's support increased.
 - Tak'Kan Vote: Simon speaking now grants an additional bonus.
 - Tak'Kan Vote: Nabith + Sanitation Guild bonus improved.
 - Tak'Kan Vote: Kerannii's deal has an impact on her results.
 - Fucklord Vote: Kerannii's deal now has a greater impact.
 - Economic Vote: The cost now varies based on the Religion stat.
 - Eustrin Vote: There is now a new option to spend additional influence on this vote.
 - Eustrin Vote: The result requirements have been tweaked.
 - Goddess of Magic Vote: Requirements and rewards tweaked.
 - Goddess of Magic Vote: Yelarel's contribution now varies based on her influence variable.
 - Mother's Guard Vote: Requirements and rewards tweaked.
 - Mother's Guard Vote: Yelarel's contribution now varies based on her influence variable.
 - Inquisition Vote: You can now receive a bonus from Religion, but the requirements increased a little.
 - Succubus Holy Knights: The cost of applying Sarai's influence now varies based on Yelarel's influence.
 - Succubus Holy Knights: The Yelarel bonuses have changed.

TLS 0.41.2 (1/29/19)
 - Lots of polishing and minor variants/fixes, no significant new content added.
 - New scenes added to Reflection menu.
 - There was new content added to the Aramite fort, but it was inaccessible before now.
 - Fixed the bug in the harem menu.

Well... this one is the synod overhaul plus the update to the entire world plus some of the content I was originally planning to put in 0.42.0. There's a lot of work to do: test final synod balance, check many different outcomes, add more content, and polish in preparation for the Steam release. The public release of this version will likely take two weeks, but hopefully the Steam version will occur around that time as well.

Speaking of, all my games on Steam are on sale right now, most 50% off or more. Check them out if you're interested.

This update isn't the flashiest, but it includes some elements that I've been waiting to do for a long time. I also want the world to really feel responsive to the player's choices, so I intend to keep adding more content based on the decisions you made during the synod.

36 comments:

  1. i have nothink agaist steam but will you still give mega link for the puplic version in the next update or will i have to find another way for that ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, things will proceed normally here. The game will just be available on Steam as well for those who want to play it there.

      Delete
    2. thank for your answer ;) (just hope the 2 Week for puplic realesse will be a exeption it )

      Delete
  2. yay and today a day off gonna enjoy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an idea... but it will be very tedious for you, Sierra.
    With the scale of the game cover an entire continent (and beyond), I think it would... better? if there is a way to tell the player if there is any new change in any location.
    I mean, teleport is nice, but doing it blindly like a madman and see no progress/new change can be frustrate.

    I hope you understand what I mean. Anyway, appriciate the new update. Thank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the frustration, but yeah, that would be very difficult to implement. Generally, I try to indicate to the player when a trip around the world is likely to be rewarding - this is one of those times, so I'm trying to update and add content in many locations.

      Delete
  4. "- Sarai can now join, depending on your synod results."


    https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7btZCvEwsCtTaS0E/giphy.gif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've been waiting for this too. ^-^

      Delete
    2. It'll be hilarious if she turns out to be by far the most timid and shy of all the scenes thus far.

      Delete
  5. By the way i suppose it will bug if we Don't redo the concil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not seriously. A line of dialogue or two might be off, but otherwise old saves are compatible.

      Delete
  6. welp... At least I can redo the entire synod now...
    Or not... I need to revisit my last save...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just pleased that now we can genuinely help cute little Orri.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to make sure, the game isn't done yet, right? This is just you putting it up on Steam for Early Access. Also, are your games on Steam the adult version? Or did you put them up before they allowed adult games on their platform so you had to censor them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct, it's going up as Early Access.

      Except for Dusk and Dawn, my Steam games went up before Valve allowed adult games. All of them have a free patch to convert them into the NSFW version, however - check the links on the right hand bar.

      Delete
  9. Can't wait for the next update hope You keep surprising Us Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I just want to drop by and say "Great game!". It really is one of the best turn based rpg games I have played. Hopefully you can continue creating such great content.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, I have been away from the project for some time but may I ask how are things going? I think the last thing I did in the game was some missions with elves queen as an agent of Doom Lord, a little after returning from the Empire. I think it was the middle of chapter 3, if I'm not mistaken. So, much thing happened after this? Did Sierra Lee managed to get an artist to ilustrate the scenes? Did we already deal with Inccubus king? No spoiler, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Answering the 3 questions with just "yes" or "no" to keep this reply as spoiler-free as possible:

      Yes. No. Yes.

      Delete
    2. Well. Nice. I think i will wait a little long to play again, my campaign gone 50+ hours, so this game isn't something you should play many times. It's a pity she didn't find an artist though. Maybe when the game is finished and she have the the exact amount of work to comission. But for me, I wouldn't mind have many artists working in the game, as long they are talented and have more of less the same style, it's good for me. At least its better than have no CGs at all.

      Delete
    3. Just to check, do you know that saves are completely compatible between versions? There's no need to replay except when you want to.

      In any case, I'm afraid I no longer have much hope of finding an appropriate artist for this project. Many of the best artists have projects of their own and no interest in taking on large commissions.

      Delete
    4. Then, Sierra Lee, do as I said, make small comissions of many artists, it's better than nothing.


      Yes, I know the saves are compatible, but it has been much time since my last play, I forgot most of the game already.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is there by any chance that the public version will come tomorrow or will it be stay as the original 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Original two weeks, sorry. In addition to polishing and bugfixing, I'm adding some more content.

      Delete
  14. I gotta say... Even though I'm happy for Dari that she got her appareance and sexuality back, I kinda miss her devilish smile with her jagged teeths. I think it suited her mischievious personnality a lot, don't you think ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like her appearance a lot, which was part of the reason I gave the option to keep that faceset even after her transformation.

      Delete
  15. I'm hoping to buy TLS on Stream Sierra.I really like this game so much that I spend almost all days to play this game.To be honest this game is still hard at investing more than combat but I really enjoy the story so ok and also I love Yarra too cause she my favorite. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! TLS will still be free on Steam, though - I'm just putting it there because people want another way to play it.

      Delete
  16. Have you ever heard of the game called "Harem"? It uses a program for its sex scenes and more that could potentially benefit your game tremendously, if you decided to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've played Harem. CG images like that are actually a bit controversial, with some people strongly disliking them. It's not something I intend to pursue right now, anyway.

      Delete
    2. Darn. That's unfortunate, but your call.

      Delete
  17. Oh, one thing that you could do as a minor improvement that would likely be good is update the characters' status in your party, having summaries of the characters at the bottom, as well as maybe some title of job class or something somewhere as well. Though, the status summary could change after significant events. I've seen some games do such, and with how detailed your work here is, it'd probably fit in well, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Someone can Help me out from Deep Cache ?? i was stuck on the Deep Cache Puzzle with 3 members Left , 1 enemy (boss) and without Revival Potion

    ReplyDelete