Sunday, October 28, 2018

New Games + TLS Info

Steam has approved pages for two of my upcoming games! Some of these won't be released until far in the future, but if you want a sneak preview of some of what I'll be working on, please check out the pages here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/951840/Dont_Save_the_Princess/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/951860/Once_Ever_After/

TLS will also be coming to Steam, but it will take extra work and draw time away from creating more. I want to release it at a time when it won't slow progress down too much, like a lull between updates. So it won't arrive on Steam just yet, as I'm focused on TLS 0.39.0.

This update is another one that will be more complex than usual, and it's taking longer than average. To tide people over, my most recent Patreon post includes a preview of all seven High Priestesses and some other characters who will play a role.

But I wanted to check in with blog readers as well to update you guys on the situation. My intent is for this to be one of the longest and most complex sequences of the game. I worry about getting the level of complexity right, so I may release it in two updates instead of one to get feedback from everyone. More info as I decide which way will produce the best update and result in the least time lost overall.

16 comments:

  1. Is version 0.40 going to be some special milestone thing or just an update as usual?

    There totally needs to be a Princess Dragogai Easter egg >:3

    Also, who is the sprite artist for Once Ever After? That style looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably just another update, but if the summit is split into two, then 0.40 will coincidentally include one of the biggest decisions in the game and the consummation of an old relationship (depending on your choices).

      And I have seriously considered a Princess Dragogai scene. =P

      The artist for all assets in Once Ever After is Crescentia, aka the artist for Projekt Wolfenstahl. She's been great to work with, and I hope the final game will have a really solid and consistent visual style. ^-^

      Delete
  2. When TLS goes up on Steam, will we (those who can't afford to pay, but still love the game) still be able to get it off of here, or will it be free on Steam, or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the game will keep being released here just like always. I'll just also distribute it via Steam, where it will also be free. This is just for the fans who want it as part of their Steam library.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the information. I was a little worried there. While I think TLS is worth a more than fair amount of money, I'd never be able to play it then. Your other games fall into that category sadly.

      Delete
    3. TLS will remain free all the way to the ending!

      Delete
  3. Can you confirm that Once Ever After is an erotic adaptation of Hoodwinked?
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/612IpOdEh2L._SY355_.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. ^-^ To take the question seriously, I'm drawing on a mix of the original version and the various subversions of it.

      Delete
  4. Personaly i think the best to do will depend of what is best for developement if it best to have the full section and after have us find bug and you debug you should do that but if best to have small update for make it bug find easyer do that. I start to do rpg game but i Don't know how bug find is do for the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being understanding! I always try to figure out what is best for the game long term.

      Delete
  5. by the way the second link Don't work for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should probably read the error message that pops up when it "doesn't work."

      Delete
    2. If it completely breaks, then I'm afraid I don't see it. If you get the Steam warning page, that's how Steam treats new adult games.

      Delete
  6. Both those games look great and cant wait to see more :)

    I would recommend 2 updates if you're looking for feedback with a big update amount, im sure it'll be great but always good to see how much works and so on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm trying a few new things compared to the last summit, so I'm thinking it would be better to get feedback. That does mean an update is coming sooner rather than later!

      Other two games will take a little longer, but I'll enjoy putting them out eventually. ^-^

      Delete