Monday, April 24, 2017

Ouroboros on Newgrounds

The public version of 0.26.x will still be coming out this Friday, but for now, I have another diversion for you. Last night I put version 1.1.7 of Ouroboros up on Newgrounds, and fortunately it managed to get accepted fairly quickly:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/692386

Even subtracting the people I know, it seems Newgrounds doesn't hate the game! =D I didn't think Ouroboros was a great fit for the site, so I'm pleased that it has been somewhat well-received so far. Depending on how well it does, this could be a chance for my work to get exposure to a large group of people who probably haven't seen it before. Please check it out, and if you're a Newgrounds user, maybe give me a vote?

EDIT: Huh, we got frontpaged pretty fast. I thought daily top five was about the best we can hope for, but this is unexpectedly good. Votes are still helpful for potential ranking and longevity on the front page - thanks to everyone!

EDIT 2: Alright: frontpaged, daily 2nd place, and thousands of views so far! I was hesitant about this, but it seems to have been a good choice. Now it's just a question of how long the ratings/views keep us on the front page, but it should stay there for at least a while, pulling in some new attention. One more thanks to everyone!

Full disclosure: if you played the old version of Ouroboros, much less 2.0, there's not really much new for you. I had to make some modifications so that it would be accepted to Newgrounds, but otherwise it's a port of the same game. I hope that some people encounter it for the first time and enjoy it, though!

Anyway, back Friday with the public version of the release.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulation! Really happy for you. Maybe add medals? People on Newgrounds are suckers for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Medals are a good suggestion, but I'm not sure how to do it from within RPG Maker...

      Delete
  2. I think that was to be expected personally. You and everyone that works on assets/think tank stuff/coding and the like make such quality things. I am not honestly surprised it got such a good reception.

    Congratulations though Sierra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleasantly surprised to see your game on Newgrounds. You even got a front page and daily second place for it; not too shabby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we did pretty decently! The rating has really wavered around, so I'm glad it ended up in an okay place for the day.

      Delete
  4. Good next step add TLS by the way why you choice to add it in mature and not in adult?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To my surprise, I actually didn't get a choice about the rating! Instead, it asks you to rate the kind of content you have. I picked the highest option for suggestive text, but since there's no visual nudity or violence, it didn't give the game an AO rating.

      Delete
    2. By the way what do you censor in this version?

      Delete
    3. I don't know if I missed it, but I didn't notice anything censored in the NG version. It's been awhile since I've played Ouroboros, so the only changes I've noticed were the added loading times and the missing enemy health bars. And I might not have noticed the later had it not been mentioned in the description.

      Delete
    4. This version isn't censored in any way.

      Delete
  5. It's great you are getting more exposure, you make great games!

    Though I don't know if to be thankful that I found out about the game this late or sad about it.

    On one hand the game is great and I have no doubt I would be as addicted before as now. On the other hand there is so much content, having a game this long and well done simply makes me love it more.

    Anyway, thanks for the great game Sierra, can't wait for much more!

    Shance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have you with us! I hope to keep putting out more content for a very long time to come!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete